An opportunity to work on our exciting new multi-console game project!
We are a small friendly team and this role would suit someone who wants to be part of something where they can make a creative impact.
You will be the sole rigger/TA on the project, rigging and skinning both human characters and weird and unique monsters. The latter will involve solving some interesting problems to bring these creatures to life.
The game features distinctive stylised visuals and is set in a twisted mythical world.
If you are also a skilled animator, that is a bonus.
Based in central Manchester, UK.
- Advanced knowledge of creating custom deformation and animation rigs
- Deep understanding of both Maya & ideally Motion Builder, with experience using HumanIK and custom rigs
- A good understanding of human anatomy
- Experience as a Rigger on at least one shipped title
- Clear verbal and written communication in English
- Understanding of Character State Networks
- Excellent team work skills and ability to receive feedback
- Strong portfolio showing character modelling to a high standard in varying styles
- Strong animation skills would be a bonus but not required
- Experience with Python scripting language
- Create, prototype and maintain high-quality character and prop rigs.
- Work in collaboration with character artists and animators to design functional, responsive, animator-friendly rigs while keeping in mind optimisation and runtime performance
- Development of modular rigs and custom Motion Builder rigs
- Development of tools and workflows to assist animation, rigging and production teams
- Handle the technical tasks related to characters set up and implementation
- Rig and skin a variety of character assets, (heads and bodies), garments and gear
- Characters physics simulation setup and implementation (ex: cloth, ragdoll)
Salary negotiable & dependent on experience. Applicants must supply a CV and portfolio/showreel and must be able to relocate to work at our studio in Manchester, UK. Sorry but we cannot sponsor visas.