Following the success of WipEout Omega Collection, Clever Beans are looking for a Concept Artist to work on their exciting new console game!
As part of a small team, this is an opportunity to really make your mark. You’ll need a vivid imagination, as the ideas that you develop both in collaboration with others and through your own work will help to determine the look and content of the game.
You’ll be creating concept art for both environments and characters, to bring our stylized world of mythology and mystery to life. Collaborating with the design team, you’ll be helping to create a consistent, believable world, using visual storytelling to weave deep lore into every background.
What you need…
- Very strong drawing and painting skills in colour and black & white
- A strong understanding of visual design & art fundamentals like light, composition, scale, color, staging, architecture and detail in visual design and visual storytelling
- Ability to iterate on ideas using quick sketches and thumbnails…
- …and also create high-quality polished illustrations, where necessary
- Ability to contribute ideas and run with a loose description as well as be able to work well to creative direction by others
- A strong portfolio of work
- Imagination, originality and creativity
- Good self-motivation and self-management skills
- A passion for video games
- Must be able to work at our office in central Manchester, UK
To apply, please send a CV, portfolio and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org